My friend Sally tagged me: Summarise the Bible in five statements, the first one word long, the second two, the third three, the fourth four and the last five words long. Or possibly you could do this in descending order. Tag five people.
Here’s my Bible summary:
2. God acts
3. Jesus changes everything
4. Spirit calls us forth
5. Now, how will you live?
11 thoughts on “Summarise the Bible in five statements”
1. Everywhere we look we see the world is filled with oppression and violence.
2. It wasn’t meant to be like this because God made the world and declared it Good.
3. God came into the world as a human being to experience the evil and overcome it.
4. Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and upon those in the tombs bestowing life.
5. We have died with Christ and our life is hid with Christ in God.
I agree, but can you do it within the suggested word count? That’s the tricky bit.
excellent! The best one I have read yet!!!
Ah, didn’t read it carefully enough for the word count. Will have to think some more.
I’d have to go with Scot McKnight’s summary in “Blue Parakeet”:
-Created For Oneness
-Sin Brings Otherness
-Struggle For Oneness
-Oneness In Christ
Of course, each point needs qualifying, but I’d just say read the book!
OK, mine, with the word count, is here:
Depicted in stone
Jesus the Temple’s cornerstone
aggregating living stones like Matt
I like your (4) and (5).
Here’s my five statements.
I like the way this meme is going. Bring out all sorts of interesting thoughts.
Perhaps we need to publish a collection one day.
There’s my description, did I mention love?