The Bible Means Business forum in North Sydney is holding a series of talks on alternate spirituality over the next six weeks called “Behind the Seens”
- 10th August – Astrology: Do the heavens rule our destiny
- 17th August – Angels: is there a message waiting for you?
- 24th August – Near Death Experiences: are they glimpses of what lies beyond?
- 31st August – Personal Empowerment: is self-enrichment all there is?
- 7th September – Channelling: is it the highway to enlightenment?
- 14th September – Yoga and Meditation: is it the physical way to spiritual transformation?
I hope this will be more than an exercise in boundary maintenance apologetics. I have personally witnessed for instance, that a major corporation based within 50 meters of the site holds regular yoga workshops and lama training for staff, that other staff within it have at times swapped astrological natal charts as bonding activities, and that Stacey De Marco, author of “There’s a Witch in the Boardroom,” has based her magical business consultancy around the corner. There is real opportunity for spiritual engagement in the business community on these very issues.
If the Christians attending this event could be encouraged to shift to a more culturally sensitive ways of engaging with others then who knows what could happen through the Christian business men and women who will attend. Yet I am also aware just how little experience the organisers have in terms of hands on experience in missions to New Spirituality.
I have tried to steer them towards primary source research in the past so maybe they have taken some of it on board. Lets see.